Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lemon on a clean build

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:26:49 -0800
On Feb 11, 2013, at 8:11 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ever since the recent Makefile changes, running a 'clean' make (i.e.
> no changes at all since the last build) now results in a couple of
> calls to lemon:
>
> LEMON    grammar.h
> LEMON    dtd_grammar.h
> LEMON    mate_grammar.h
>
> Is this intentional? Or has it always done this, and it's just more
> noticeable with quiet-build enabled?

Well, those calls to Lemon are either bogus or mislabeled in Make's output, given that what it *should* say is something such as

	LEMON	grammar.lemon
	LEMON	dtd_grammar.lemon
	LEMON	mate_grammar.lemon

"make clean" shouldn't be removing the resulting .c or .h files, although "make distclean" should, given that we're not distributing the results of Lemon any more.