Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 47460: / /trunk/: Makefile.am debian

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:53:19 +0100
2013/2/4 Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Feb 4, 2013, at 2:08 AM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Theoretically the former but practically it also matches the latter.
>> Wireshark is not fast in changing dependencies,
>
> A switch to Qt would be a rather significant dependency change....

I agree, it will complicate packaging and add new dependencies, but
typically such changes are rare.
I think simply listing the needed additional packages in README.qt
would be just fine for the time Qt
interface is not widespread.
When the Qt interface will be packaged apt-get build-dep will provide
the Qt dependencies, too.

Cheers,
Balint