Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 47460: / /trunk/: Makefile.am debian

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:53:55 -0800
On Feb 3, 2013, at 4:32 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Isn't "apt-get build-dep wireshark" a much easier way of doing the same thing?

Would that install "tools needed to build the package that "apt-get install wireshark" would install" or would it install "tools needed to do full-blown development of the version of Wireshark on the trunk, even if the version on the trunk incorporates a whole bunch of new functionality needing new libraries"?

The latter is what I'm aiming for here (especially given that Debian-and-its-derivatives are often proudly trailing-edge in the versions of software that they offer, e.g. I think they might still offer Wireshark 1.6 by default).