Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot version number in fuzz-test bugs?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 10:05:02 -0800
On 12/5/12 1:37 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
> On 12/5/2012 2:57 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
>> On 12/5/2012 2:32 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
>>> In cases like bug 8045 [1], it would have been handy for it to say in
>>> the report somewhere which build-bot (version and OS) had found the
>>> error... is that reasonably easy to do?
>>>

>> I agree completely: As I've going through the process of digging thru
>> the details trying to understand the "crash" reports, I've been making
>> up a list of infomation which would be useful to include in the Bug
>> report to make diagnosis easier.
>>
>> I'll post the list in a bit (once I've completed the process of going
>> thru these crash reports).
>>

> Some additional information which would be useful in the crash report
> bugs submitted by the Buildbots:
>
> 1. (As fron Evan above): Buildbot info and/or a link to the buildbot
>    (and maybe a link directly to the build which had a failed step).
>
> 2. The name of the input file from which the fuzz'd file was derived.
>
> 3. In at least some cases, the "version" of the source used for the
>    build is reported as a GIT identifier. Is there a way to also show
>    (a translation to) an SVN number ?
>
> Not knowing the process by which the bug reports are generated, I've no
> idea if any or all of the above can be reasonably easily done.

I managed to get Buildbot to pass a number of build properties to the
fuzz and randpkt build steps, e.g.

  BUILDBOT_BUILDERNAME=Clang-Code-Analysis
  BUILDBOT_BUILDNUMBER=1657
  BUILDBOT_GOT_REVISION=0f3f4eb79ad8cb6954af399ad33b30883ecadf22
  BUILDBOT_REPOSITORY=http://code.wireshark.org/git/wireshark
  BUILDBOT_SLAVENAME=clang-code-analysis
  BUILDBOT_URL=http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/

I also updated fuzz-test.sh and randpkt-test.sh in /trunk to prepend
host, input file, and BUILDBOT_* environment information to the error
report.

Properties exist for every element in build URLs except for the step
name so constructing those will take more work.