Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot version number in fuzz-test bugs?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 16:37:02 -0500
On 12/5/2012 2:57 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
On 12/5/2012 2:32 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
In cases like bug 8045 [1], it would have been handy for it to say in
the report somewhere which build-bot (version and OS) had found the
error... is that reasonably easy to do?

I agree completely: As I've going through the process of digging thru
the details trying to understand the "crash" reports, I've been making
up a list of infomation which would be useful to include in the Bug
report to make diagnosis easier.

I'll post the list in a bit (once I've completed the process of going
thru these crash reports).

Some additional information which would be useful in the crash report bugs submitted by the Buildbots:

1. (As fron Evan above): Buildbot info and/or a link to the buildbot
   (and maybe a link directly to the build which had a failed step).

2. The name of the input file from which the fuzz'd file was derived.

3. In at least some cases, the "version" of the source used for the
   build is reported as a GIT identifier. Is there a way to also show
   (a translation to) an SVN number ?

Not knowing the process by which the bug reports are generated, I've no idea if any or all of the above can be reasonably easily done.

Bill