Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TVB Composite packet byte pane problem

From: "Zadik, Maayan" <mzadik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:48:23 +0000
Yes the composite TVB is displayed as single sequence but the composite is in fact several TVBs concatenated together,
so when I click on a field that was generated from the second concatenated TVB, it is displays in the byte pane as if it's the base of the sequence and not its proper offset.
For example:
Let's say I have 3 data chunks that create the composite: chunk1, chunk2, chunk3, each of size 0x0300.
So what I see is that the data from chunk2 or chunk3, though displayed correctly in the fields pane, is always zero based in the byte pane.
That is, instead of chunk2 highlighting bytes 0x0300 'til 0x0600, it again highlights 0x0000 'til 0x0300 (chunk1's area)

Oh, and I'm running Wireshark 1.8.3 32-bit compilation on windows 7, if it helps.