Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TVB Composite packet byte pane problem

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:21:05 -0500
On 11/19/2012 2:48 PM, Zadik, Maayan wrote:
Hi,

I�m using TVB composite to assemble some data chunks, using
tvb_new_child_real_data.

My problem is that every chunk is displayed in the byte pane as if it�s
at offset=0 instead of its actual location in the original TVB.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I'm not sure I understand, especially with respect to the phrase
"every chunk is displayed in the byte pane as if it�s
at offset=0".

A composite TVB is, in effect, a virtual TVB and will be displayed
as a single sequence of bytes (numbered from 0 to ...) with no indication as to the underlying components from other TVBs.

Can you provide a bit more detail as to what you are trying to accomplish ?