Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error while doing "make rpm-package" on wireshark latest tru

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:38:34 +0200
[Back to -dev mailing list]

2012/10/7 P Gyanesh Patra <c3m3gyanesh@xxxxxxxxx>

 just need one info..
i am compiling wireshark on centos6.1 64bit..
while doing "make rpm-package" i am getting following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/wireshark-svn/wireshark/ui/qt'
uic main_welcome.ui -o ui_main_welcome.h
make[1]: uic: Command not found
make[1]: * [ui_main_welcome.h] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/wireshark-svn/wireshark/ui/qt'
make: * [distdir] Error 1

Please tell me what package i need to install as i have tried to search a lot but still unable to fix it.
Gyanesh

 Hi Gyanesh,

uic is the Qt user interface compiler (used to build qtShark, a new GUI based on Qt framework). So you need to install the Qt packages for CentOS. Not sure why the compilation of qtShark is part of the make rpm-package though as I have never built such package myself. Maybe someone else can give an advice.

Regards,
Pascal.