Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Feature Request: Sync Capture Time to NTP packets

From: Jeff Klingler <jklingler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 06:54:01 +0200
Hi,

Kudos to all you developers for such a great tool!  I did a brief
search and couldn't find any discussion of a feature I would like to
see added:

Sync the capture time in a file relative to the time settings found in
an NTP server responses.  Maybe select a particular server, or a
particular NTP response packet, right click and say "Time Shift".

This would be magical for those packet captures where you don't
control the system clock.

-Jeff