Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] DeviceNet dissector

From: Hans-Jörgen Gunnarsson <Hag@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:26:31 +0000
I have now built a program that takes the frames and sends them into Wireshark through a pipe. Works really good, thanks for the tip.

In Wireshark the frames go into the SocketCAN dissector which I have modified and added DeviceNet to. Next step is to build the DeviceNet Dissector.

I want to tie the DeviceNet dissector to the existing CIP dissector, but in order to use the CIP Dissector I have to modify the packet and insert body type information and perhaps modify it so that it fits the CIP-protocol. Is it possible to do that? And if possible, is there some information somewhere about how to do it? My Google Ninja skill haven't been able to find any information.

Regards
Hans-Jörgen