Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] DeviceNet dissector

From: Kurt Knochner <ws.dev.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:39:41 +0200

Hans-J�rgen Gunnarsson wrote:

We are trying to develop a dissector for DeviceNet. We want it to ...
and partly decodes them. The problem is that it might be better to pick the DeviceNet-messages directly from the dongle into Wireshark. Perhaps through SocketCAN or something like that. ... We haven't found a good way to do this though. Do you have any ideas or thoughts?

Please take a look at my answer in the following question at ask.wireshark.org.

http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/12102/logging-can-bus-data-to-ws-in-windows

I mentioned a project Wsbridge (link in the answer). They faced a similar
problem and solved it by using pipes. The code for Wsbridge is available and
it should give you some ideas.

Regards
Kurt