Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture File Archive
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:18:09 -0400
[email protected] wrote:
Hi,

in a Q&A question (http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/9180/strip-off-gtp-headers), Chris Maynard suggested to provide the caputre files that have been uploaded to bugs.wireshark.org in a similar way as pcapr.net does.
I like the idea, as it sometimes can help to troubleshoot issues with
dissectors. Currently the capture files are available through the bugs
interface anyway, but they are not classified (what protocol is used)
and they are not easily accessible.
FWIW tools/list_protos_in_cap.sh and tools/indexcap.py can be used to
generate a "database" (flat file) of capture files and the protocols
contained in them.  I use those to index my collection of capture files
for when I'm trying to find a capture file that covers a particular
protocol.