Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture file? (r41946: Add XML to the capture file list)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 17:31:44 -0400
On Apr 5, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

> Gerald, in release notes there's section about: ,,New and Updated Capture File Support''.
> I think that JPEGs or generic XML files, can't be really called *CAPUTRE* files.
> So I propose to remove Generic MIME[1] and XML from that section.
>
> Maybe we could add it somewhere else that we support loading any XML files

Or perhaps we should either

	1) say "Capture and Other File Support"

or

	2) have separate "New and Updated Capture File Support" and "New and Updated Other File Support"

given that people use Wireshark to dissect payloads stored in files that aren't part of network captures that we happen to dissect because they're transported over networks.