Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Decode MTP3 message

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:24:37 -0500
Martin Kaiser wrote:
Thus wrote Anya Verizi (anya_verizi@xxxxxxxxxxx):

I have to decode this sequence 02 00 10 c0 00 19 81 0f 0f 00 2c 01 01 11 02 16 00 00 but when I put it in txt and run as pcap I got this

your problem is the leading 05 00 00 00 00 bytes

Those bytes starting at 05 are, presumably, a fake MTP3 header (i.e., the sequence above is just ISUP but there's no DLT for just ISUP).

Do you know what (ISUP) message type this is supposed to be? It's clearly not an RLC (0x10). I don't think it's a Subsequent Address (0x02) and 0x00 and 0xc0 aren't valid either.

Or, do you know what the 02 is supposed to be?  The first octet of...

Are you sure this is ISUP?