Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems building on Mac

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:46:44 +0000
> I am trying to build Wireshark on a Mac running OS X 10.6.8 and I'm
having
> problems.

snip...

> I started by downloading the source for wireshark 1.6.5 and used mac
ports to install
> the necessary libraries.

> I then tried to build a package using

> make osx-package

> This resulted in the error

> CREATE WIRESHARK PACKAGE

> ERROR: The specified document is invalid:
/Users/quantel/wireshark-1.6.5/packaging/macosx/Wireshark package.pmdoc

Sorry to go on about this (although from the response I've had I don't
think anyone is listening), but this is the real problem.

It looks like the source distribution doesn't include the Wireshark
package.pmdoc directory and its
associated files. If I browse the source, bug fixed version of the files
have been
there since May last year, but they aren't in any of the source archives
I've downloaded.

Had they been, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Regards

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website www.quantel.com or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United
Kingdom