Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems building on Mac

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:38:05 -0500
andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am trying to build Wireshark on a Mac running OS X 10.6.8 and I'm
having
problems.

snip...

I started by downloading the source for wireshark 1.6.5 and used mac
ports to install
the necessary libraries.

I then tried to build a package using

make osx-package

This resulted in the error

CREATE WIRESHARK PACKAGE

ERROR: The specified document is invalid:
/Users/quantel/wireshark-1.6.5/packaging/macosx/Wireshark package.pmdoc

Sorry to go on about this (although from the response I've had I don't
think anyone is listening), but this is the real problem.

It looks like the source distribution doesn't include the Wireshark package.pmdoc directory and its associated files. If I browse the source, bug fixed version of the files have been there since May last year, but they aren't in any of the source archives I've downloaded.

Now you're talking about something I understand. I added that directory to the source distribution in r41040. This did, however, require renaming the directory to get rid of the space.

The resulting source tarball has the files in it, though I couldn't tell you if that helps building on Mac's or not.

I also scheduled that fix to be back-ported to 1.6.6. If you can try it out with an buildbot source tarball before then, that would be good.