Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] accessing all TVB elements

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 11:46:46 -0700

---- On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 19:24:19 -0700 Andrew Kampjes  wrote ----

> I have a dissector and I need to load all the TVB elements to be displayed to preform a custom reassembly on them.
>
> The dissect_PROTO() function only gets the current TVB that you've clicked on at a time. I need either random access to the other TVB elements during the dissect_PROTO() function or at least sequential access when the file is loaded and the dissector run.

Read doc/README.developer, section 2.7 titled "Reassembly/desegmentation for protocols running atop TCP" if it's a TCP based protocol.  There is another, more complicated, reassembly method that can be used with any protocol.  Once you reassemble the stream, the TVB from the final packet in the stream will contain all of the payload.