Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Follow TCP Stream HTTP response gzip/deflate decode option

From: Chris Covington <Ccovington@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:17:53 -0600

Is this option currently available?  It would be useful if “Follow TCP Stream” was able to decode an HTML response that is gzipped/inflated.  For instance, if the first block of text of the response from the web server contains “Content-Encoding: gzip”, it un-gzips the next block of text for display.

It would be so much easier if the “Follow TCP Stream” had this option instead of having to look in the Packet Details Pane or the Uncompressed Entire Body tab manually for each part of the particular stream.

Thanks,

Chris