Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wspython building and running

From: Tony Trinh <tony19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 01:53:23 -0400
1. Probably. I'd also try http://ask.wireshark.org and http://stackoverflow.com.

2. I believe it's maintained in the sense that reported bugs about wspython are tracked (and fixed). Not many people ask about wspython (perhaps because there aren't many users due to lack of documentation).

Have you considered wslua? It has better documentation and more users.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Eliot Blennerhassett <eblennerhassett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29/09/11 14:50, Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm building wireshark from SVN head on linux x86_64
> I want to use a wspython dissector. (source at the end of this email)

A couple of meta-questions about wspython:

1. Am I likely to get help with wspython on this mailing list if I am
patient?

2. Is wspython maintained (other than keeping it compiling?)

thanks and regards

Eliot