Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] modelines

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:32:41 -0400
Stephen Fisher wrote:
Can modelines be at the top of a file?

Yes, for vim (and I assume others).  That's where I usually put them.

The boiler plate copyright notice from doc/README.developer might be a good place to put it.

I think that's a good approach. It may also be useful to think about settings for indent since we're on the topic. I don't have a strong view on what the settings should be, but something generally in line with the majority of existing Wireshark code would be useful IMHO.

Ed