Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Reassembling Packets need some help plz

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 03:05:45 +0000 (UTC)
Marcel Haas <inf462@...> writes:

>  Nobody an idea ?

Hi Marcel,
I'm sorry to say that I don't have any helpful advice for you.  The problem is
that reassembly can be very complicated, as you've discovered I'm sure.  My
personal experience with reassembly is limited, and fortunately for me, I've
been lucky enough to able to make use of tcp_dissect_pdus() to do the most
difficult work for me.  In your case however, you're apparently not so lucky.

But please don't be discouraged by the lack of feedback from the list.  I think
it only means that your situation is complicated and nobody has a very good
solution for you or the time to really think through it thoroughly enough to
provide you with some meaningful enough assistance.

I hope you are able to work through your problem and come up with a solution.
And if you do, you might even be so gracious as to share your results so that
others can benefit from your experience.

- Chris

P.S. This same message also goes out to Martin Kaiser, who queried about similar
complicated reassembly back in August ... although I *think* Martin was able to
resolve his issue as I no longer find an open DVB-related bug with his name on
it.  (See http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201108/msg00243.html)