Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] AthTek NetWalk

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:17:17 -0400
On 9/21/2011 5:12 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
On 9/21/2011 5:05 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Sep 21, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

As for "full integration with Wireshark", they appear to use
Wireshark's dissectors in the packet view - they have a collection of
Wireshark DLLs in the "wireshark" subdirectory, along with a bunch of
the DLLs we use, including some GPLed ones. They also have
"wireshark.exe", so they might have done the usual "arm's length"
trick to avoid having to give their stuff away.

...but if I try to launch it, it doesn't do anything - pops up a
console window briefly if you double-click it. They also have what I
suspect are a pile of wxWidgets libraries.

Is there an MSVC tool to look find out what DLLs an executable uses?
(I.e., the equivalent of, say, ldd on many systems using ELF, or otool
on Mac OS X.)

depends: a SysInternals tool from Microsoft.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738370%28WS.10%29.aspx

I think this is a better link:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

"Dependency Walker is part of several Microsoft products, such as Visual Studio, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Windows 2000/XP/2003 support tools (on the Windows CD), Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003 Resource Kits, Platform SDK, Windows DDK, Windows SDK, and MSDN. There are also several places on the Microsoft web site that it can be downloaded from for free. This site was created in order to distribute the latest version of Dependency Walker for testing."