Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to support some kind of "stop criteria" to stop capturin

From: Balint Reczey <balint.reczey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:47:51 +0200
Hi Yuhuai,

Set up a script for parsing tshark's output and killing tshark and dumpcap when needed.

Cheers,
Balint

On 06/10/2011 09:43 AM, Xie Yuhuai-CFQ846 wrote:
Hi all,
Do you know how to support some kind of "stop criteria” to stop
capturing wireshark log automatically, either by script or by some kind
of interfaces wireshark already supported?
This will be very useful when capture some low-rate-of-occurrence issues.
In the capture option, it can only set stop capture after some
packets/some megabytes/some minutes. could we add in one option say as
"stop capture after some customized criteria"?
/Yuhuai/