Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Crash

From: "Garcia, Luis Antonio" <l.garcia22@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:24:29 -0400
>Details about the crash:error messages/ etc.

I don't really receive any error messages. The program just doesn't start up and seems to freeze the system.  I've tried to manually debug the situation by running the capture through the Wireshark GUI (not tshark) and the program freezes when I try to stop the capture.  When I try to kill the process through Task Manager, the wireshark.exe process does not close.  The only way to end the process after the freeze is to reboot the machine.  Normally I would run this off of a UNIX machine, but the AirPCap sniffer only runs on Windows.