Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] submitting plugin for inclusion in wireshark

From: Naveen <dear.chap@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:40:42 -0400
Hi All
I am the current maintainer of the protobuf plugin for wireshark
I have made some significant changes in latest version which make it general enough to parse and register protobuf messages at runtime as opposed to having to generate a new dissector for each new message. I want to submit this for inclusion in wireshark. How do I go about this ? One of the problems is that the dissector is a mix of C and C++. The proto registration etc is in C whereas the protobuf message parsing/field registration/dissection is in C++. So there is one C file and one C++ file(and header files). How does one go about integrating this with existing wireshark build ? Does wireshark support mixed C/C++ plugins ? Right now we compile the C++ glue code externally and place the object file in wireshark/plugins/protobuf directory along with C file. Makefile.am has been changed to pick up the C++ object file and C object and make the final .so file.
Naveen