Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation error Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 00:55:34 -0700
On Apr 29, 2011, at 12:52 AM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

> Actually we still can do transparent access, but only when BLOCK is not inside
> middle of byte.

Does that mean "we can still do fast random access to all gzipped files, but we have to change the way we choose when to start a new block", or does it mean "we can't do fast random access to some gzipped files"?

Note that we also use inflateSetDictionary(), which appears to have been added in 1.2.2.1 (31 October 2004).