Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation error Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:06:23 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jakub Zawadzki
Sent: den 29 april 2011 09:52
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation error Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:24:08PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
>> I wouldn't to it by checking for a particular version, though - I'd
>> just check for inflatePrime() and, if it's not present, don't build in the "transparent access to gzipped files"
>support.
>
>Actually we still can do transparent access, but only when BLOCK is not inside middle of byte. I've already submitted
>patch to support it [1] and...
>Commited r36949 ;)
>
>But I still don't know how to do the same for Windows.
>
>Regards.

It's not a big problem on Windows as we ship the installer with zlib1.dll and when building on window you download the
Needed Suport libraries from our site and those are updated to the right version. Currently zlib is at 1.2.5 for Windows.
Regards
Anders

[1] http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201104/msg00109.html