Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Installer missing ZLib1.DLL

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:21:28 +0000 (UTC)
Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70@...> writes:

> after successfully building a custom wireshark I also built an installer. The
installer works fine, but
> when starting Wireshark, the system complains about ZLib1.DLL missing. After
copying that file to the
> installation-dir, everything is fine. Can I configure the
installation-creation-procedure such,
> that ZLib1.DLL is included in the install?

The wireshark.nsi includes zlib1.dll, so it should be included in the installer
already.  Which version of Wireshark are you building against and on what
platform?  Maybe you could try to run the following and see if this helps?

nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup
nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean
nmake -f Makefile.nmake all
nmake -f Makefile.nmake packaging