Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone heard of Netdude?

From: bernoulli <bernoulli01@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 20:18:11 +0100
Though I'm not in the core dev team, I think the main task of wireshark is sniffing the net. The main task of netdude is to edit packets in order to do tests with packet injection later on. Because, when sniffing, we want to be as passively as possible I think it is not necessary
to do packet editing in Wireshark.

I've tested netdude too, and it is dead! The program still uses gtk+ (version 1) and isn't thus compiling onder modern linux versions. And all the mailinglists for netdude are dead, too. So there is indeed the problem that there exists no graphical toolkit for packetediting - which is free - in the moment afaik. But, again, I think Wireshark is not the right place for
packet editing.

Regards,
   Marc.