Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone heard of Netdude?

From: Gregory Seidman <gsslist+wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:20:10 -0500
I recently ran across Netdude <http://netdude.sf.net/>. I haven't played
with it, but it appears to have aims similar to Wireshark. It looks like
Wireshark is MUCH more mature, but there may be something to be learned
from it.

In particular, it's primary feature seems to be that it can edit fields in
packets. Has there been any thought toward Wireshark supporting editing? Is
there a strong reason not to (other than the technical difficulty involved,
which is not insignificant)?

--Greg