Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] formatting help

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 09:00:11 -0500

Wiresharkers

I would like to format a UUID that has a size of 16.

I am currently doing it like this: (I am splitting them up for now)

//Source Session Key
proto_tree_add_item(helen_sub_tree, hf_helen_sessionkeyPart1, tvb, offset, 8, FALSE);
           offset += 8;

//Source Session Key
proto_tree_add_item(helen_sub_tree, hf_helen_sessionkeyPart2, tvb, offset, 8, FALSE);
          offset += 8;

  { &hf_helen_sessionkeyPart1,
{ "Source Session Key Part 1", "helen.SessionKeyPart1", FT_UINT64, BASE_DEC, NULL, 0x0,
         NULL, HFILL}},
   { &hf_helen_sessionkeyPart2,
{ "Source Session Key Part 2", "helen.SessionKeyPart2", FT_UINT64, BASE_DEC, NULL, 0x0,
          NULL, HFILL}},

I would like it to look like this:

f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6

What would be the best way to do this..??

Thanks,
Brian