Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark capture shows packets not chronologically captured

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:10:54 -0800
On Dec 19, 2010, at 7:06 AM, Romel Khan wrote:

> $ uname -a
> Linux ... SMP ...

Wow, what a surprise:

	http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0208.3/0119.html

Is there no way to tell Linux to arrange that packets be delivered to a PF_PACKET socket in time stamp order?  If not, is there any way to, at least, provide some mechanism to allow libpcap to sort the packets in time stamp order before it delivers them?