Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with release 1.4.2?

From: "Herbert Falk" <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:19:26 -0500

I have just downloaded and built (successfully) 1.4.2. However, when I execute the resultant wireshark, the following error is displayed:

This prohibits me from doing any captures.

Assistance on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Herbert Falk
SISCO
6605 19-1/2 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Ph: 586-254-0020 x105
Fx:  586-254-0053

"In matters of style, swim with the current;  in matters of principle, stand like a rock." [Thomas Jefferson]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have  received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,  disseminate, or otherwise use the information.

Also,  please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.