Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Reassembly of messages

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:13:20 +0100
Hi,

I want to reassemble messages in a TCP stream. I use the function
tcp_dissect_pdus for this purpose. This works fine to populate the packet
details tree. But what is the best way to collect all message summaries and
write it to the packet list INFO column?

I have seen that my dissect function has been called multiple times for a
specific packet. What is the best point of time to evaluate
  check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO)
and put the summary to packet list info column?

--
Andy