Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Clean up the "--enable-threads" configure option?

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:43:15 +0100
Hi,
Reading up on treads I came across the following

>we used to have 2 threads in the old ethereal for a short period. one thread for the main application and a second thread that was dedicated to only
>update/redraw teh statistics taps once every few seconds. this did cause a quite significant degradation in performance/speed of ethereal which is why >it was removed :-(

However it looks like dumpcap uses threads on Windows would it be beneficial for dumpcap to use threads on other systems as well?
Anyway it sounds like the tread code in Main.c should be removed - right? Then threads could be enabled by default(?)
Regards
Anders