Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.2.13 is now available

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 20:07:33 +1100
Stephen Fisher wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 04:22:19PM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:24:08PM -0800, Gerald Combs wrote:
>>
>>>Known Problems
>>>
>>>   Wireshark may appear offscreen on multi-monitor Windows systems.
>>>   (Bug 553)
>>
>>Is it true that this bugfix hasn't been backported to 1.2.x?
>

> I only listed it to be backported to 1.4 as 1.2 is the old stable.

To get the window back:
- right click the Wireshark entry in the task bar,
- select "move" from the menu,
- press one of the up/down/left/right buttons, and
- the edge of the window will show at the edge of one of the screens,
from where it can be dragged with the mouse.

This is standard Windoze behaviour.

Andrew
                -- Dr. Who