Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compiling dissector plugin

From: Lange Jan-Erik <Jan-Erik.Lange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 13:41:20 +0100
Hello,

Thanks, I created my first dissector.

Ok, before I go further I have to clarify some things. I want to implement a protocol, that is not Ethernet compliant. As I see it, you can tell wireshark to use a certain dissector for a certain protocoll and port by the function
	dissector_add("udp.port", FOO_PORT, foo_handle);

How can I implement a dissector for a non ethernet compliant protocoll?

Best regards
Jan