Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] compiling dissector plugin

From: Lange Jan-Erik <Jan-Erik.Lange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 13:04:31 +0100
Hello,

now I'm using linux for creating a wireshark dissector. Compiling Wireshark on Windows 7 64-bit is too strange for me.

Compiling wireshark finished with no errors. Now I created a dissector as decribed on http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChDissectAdd.html

I put the files

      Makefile.am - This is the UNIX/Linux makefile template

      Makefile.common - This contains the file names of this plugin

      Makefile.nmake - This contains the Wireshark plugin makefile for Windows

      moduleinfo.h - This contains plugin version info

      moduleinfo.nmake - This contains DLL version info for Windows

      packet-foo.c - This is your dissector source

      plugin.rc.in - This contains the DLL resource template for Windows

in the directory ../trunk/plugins/foo

How can I compile it? Do I have to type make foo? Or do I have to compile the whole wireshark new?

Best regards
Jan