Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Spurious TCP SEQ/ACK analysis errors

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:08:20 +0000 (UTC)
Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@...> writes:

>     Are folks
>         seeing a lot of these on trunk?  Almost every capture I load
>         seems to have some "TCP ACKed lost segment" and "TCP Previous
>         segment lost" warnings, even though the sequence numbers are
>         fine.
>         Even more oddly, the displayed warnings toggle on and off with
>         every click of the reload button, along with the Seq value in
>         the first packet (a SYN) changing from absolute to relative (in
>         both the Info column and the packet tree for TCP).
>         I've also just noticed the stream index field for the first
>         packet toggles between 0 and some other integer with each
>         reload.

Graham, I meant to reply before, but got side-tracked I guess.  I'm not really
seeing this with the capture files I have, but of course that doesn't mean it's
not happening with other capture files or that I'm simply missing it in those I
do have.

Anyway, maybe you want to open up a bug report about this and post a sample
capture file that illustrates these potential bugs?