Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Spurious TCP SEQ/ACK analysis errors

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:59:38 +0000
On 02/11/2010 18:08, Christopher Maynard wrote:
Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@...> writes:

    Are folks
        seeing a lot of these on trunk?  Almost every capture I load
        seems to have some "TCP ACKed lost segment" and "TCP Previous
        segment lost" warnings, even though the sequence numbers are
        fine.
        Even more oddly, the displayed warnings toggle on and off with
        every click of the reload button, along with the Seq value in
        the first packet (a SYN) changing from absolute to relative (in
        both the Info column and the packet tree for TCP).
        I've also just noticed the stream index field for the first
        packet toggles between 0 and some other integer with each
        reload.
Graham, I meant to reply before, but got side-tracked I guess.  I'm not really
seeing this with the capture files I have, but of course that doesn't mean it's
not happening with other capture files or that I'm simply missing it in those I
do have.

Anyway, maybe you want to open up a bug report about this and post a sample
capture file that illustrates these potential bugs?

I'll make another build from trunk and see where things are.  If they're still bad for me I'll create a bug.
--
Regards,

Graham Bloice