Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] non-ASCII stuff in manuf

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:01:42 -0700
On Oct 25, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> "Jäger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik".

Interesting.

The entry for their OUI has it right, but the entry for their multicast address range has it wrong:

$ egrep gerCom manuf*
manuf:00:22:71	JägerCompu             # Jäger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
manuf:00:50:C2:0A:20:00/36	J�gerCom             # J�ger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH

so, yeah, the appears to be something wrong with their entry in the IEEE's list of Individual Address Blocks:

	http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt

(it gets both LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS in their name and LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S in their address wrong) the but their entry in the IEEE's list of OUIs:

	http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt

is OK (for both letters).