Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Spurious TCP SEQ/ACK analysis errors

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:25:09 +0100
Are folks seeing a lot of these on trunk?  Almost every capture I load seems to have some "TCP ACKed lost segment" and "TCP Previous segment lost" warnings, even though the sequence numbers are fine.

Even more oddly, the displayed warnings toggle on and off with every click of the reload button, along with the Seq value in the first packet (a SYN) changing from absolute to relative (in both the Info column and the packet tree for TCP).

I've also just noticed the stream index field for the first packet toggles between 0 and some other integer with each reload.
--
Regards,

Graham Bloice