Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What to do after changing MAC resolution ? Presumedly redraw

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:23:30 -0700
On Jun 30, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Anders Broman wrote:

>> ...unless the display is sorted by one of those columns, in which case you would also need to re-sort the display.
>>

> and for sorting new_packet_list_sort_column()

This is re-sorting - if the display isn't sorted on an address column, nothing needs to be done, but if it is, the sort has to be redone.

gtk_tree_sortable_sort_column_changed() might be what's needed to provoke the re-sort.  The sort column appears to be packet_list->sort_id; we might want a routine that can be called with a GtkTreeSortable * and a sort column ID as arguments and that:

	does nothing if that sort column ID isn't the current sort column;

	otherwise, does stuff similar to what packet_list_sortable_set_sort_column_id() does, to resort on the specified column.

It wouldn't *set* the packet_list->sort_id or packet_list->sort_order.  That routine would be called on a given column if the displayed values on that column might have changed (e.g., if the column changed from resolved to unresolved or from unresolved to resolved, or if it's resolved and we add a new item to the resolution database).