Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] What to do after changing MAC resolution ? Presumedly redraw ...

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:42:28 -0400
I'm working on fixing
bug #4900: "MAC Address Name Resolution Not Working Properly".

So far: I've fixed the code so that when 'Mac layer name resolution' is changed via
 'View ! Name Resolution ! Enable for MAC Layer'
   or
 'Edit ! Preferences ! Name Resolution'
the right thing happens the next time a file is reloaded (or a new file is read or a complete redissecttion is done).

Now I'd like to have the right thing happen directly when the option is changed.

I'm assuming that redissecting the complete capture is not needed
when the MAC name resolution option is changed.

To redraw:
I see that I can call proto_tree_draw(...) for the packet-details pane.

How do I redraw the packet_list pane ?
  new_packet_list_recreate_visible_rows() for "new_packet_list" ??
  ?? for "old-packet-list" ??

I expect that the same thing would be done for a change for both
'View Name Resolution ! ...' and
'Edit ! Preferences ! Name Resolution ! ...'

Bill