Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Generation of display filter based on a field in the pcap

From: Rohit Mediratta <rohit_medi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:55:27 -0700
The relation between packets is as follows.

1. Packet A is a request to setup a session. This packet has a unique "request tunnel Identifier" and a "requestIndex".
2. Packet B is a reply, this packet is tunneled with the "request tunnel Identifier" and contains a "reply tunnel Identifier"
3. Packet C is subsequent request packet which is tunneled with "reply tunnel Identifier"
4. Packet D is a subsequent reply packet which is tunneled with "request tunnel Identifier".

NOTE: "tunnel Identifier" are unique in a single direction only, so there is no algorithmic correlation between the "request tunnel Identifier" and "reply tunnel Identifier".

I am looking to generate a view for all packets which are related to the "requestIndex".
I am open to the idea of editing the dissectors to achieve this.

Any ideas/pointers would be very useful.

thanks,
Rohit