Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Generation of display filter based on a field in the pcap

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 19:33:18 +0200
Hi,

When your dissector sees packet A for the first time it should create a conversation with private data carrying req_tunnel_id, req_idx and later add the reply_tunnel_id when dissecting packet B. That would allow you to add a req_id to all related packets, offering a field to filter on.

For conversations see doc/README.developer in the source tree.

Thanks,
Jaap