Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Parsing variable length protocol trailer

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:30:32 -0400
Rather than allow the "Katamari" (as Guy once fittingly referred to pinfo as) to grow even more by my earlier quick suggestion of adding a field to indicate the number of bytes consumed by the sub-dissector, might there instead be some value in adding some new-style dissector_try_port/heuristic() functions that return the number of bytes dissected rather than simply TRUE or FALSE?

- Chris