Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Parsing variable length protocol trailer

From: "Edgar, Thomas" <thomas.edgar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:22:14 -0700
I have a variable length protocol trailer (which is only known by the end devices) to parse and there is no way to figure it out during the framing process.  Is there a way to determine how many bytes the subdissectors actually used or how many bytes are left unused after a return from dissector_try_port/heuristic?  Is there something in the tvbuff, packet_info, or proto_tree structures that would work?

Thanks,

Thomas W. Edgar