Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] License question - Invoking TShark from commercial program

From: "Lior Kaduri" <lior.kaduri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:29:16 +0300

Hello,

This point is a little vague in the GPL license:

Does the Wireshark GPL license permit invoking TShark from within a commercial product? For example, to read the contents of a previously generated .pcap file?

To be specific - If my program invokes TShark (e.g. by command line) and processes its output, must my program become GPL?

Thanks,