Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissecting a portion of a protocol owned byanotherdissector

From: "Jeremy O'Brien" <obrien654j@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:01:52 -0500
I actually figured out a solution to my problem. I was fortunate in
wanting to dissect a field in an HTTP payload. I completely looked
over the fact that HTTP has all of its fields neatly laid out with
strings, so I'm just intercepting the http dissector, doing a couple
strstr()'s on it, and giving it back to the http dissector if I'm not
interested in it.